MDB Local Municipal Boundary 2018
The local (Category B) municipalities are municipalities that are contained within a district (Category C) municipalities. The Metropolitan (Category A) Municipalities are municipalities with the major cities as the core (e.g. City of Johannesburg) and they are outside the District Municipalities. When the boundaries of local municipalities change and affect the boundary of district municipalities, the new district municipal boundary is generated. In the Local Municipalities 2018 shapefile there are 205Local Municipalities and 8 Metropolitan Municipalities. Note that Metropolitan Municipalities are included in the Local Municipalities shapefile to ensure that the layer is continuous throughout the country. If the Metropolitan Municipalities were left out, there will be void spaces in the layer.
MapView interactive map
- 1cecc5ab-304d-494a-a29d-1b33611768702020329-1-ai5f0p.uax88.dbf (51.6 KB)
- 1cecc5ab-304d-494a-a29d-1b33611768702020329-1-ai5f0p.uax88.shp (17.9 MB)
- 1cecc5ab-304d-494a-a29d-1b33611768702020329-1-ai5f0p.uax88.shx (1.8 KB)
- 1cecc5ab-304d-494a-a29d-1b33611768702020329-1-ai5f0p.uax88.cpg (5 bytes)
- 1cecc5ab-304d-494a-a29d-1b33611768702020329-1-ai5f0p.uax88.prj (143 bytes)
Associated spacesCape Town , Durban , Johannesburg
Part of this shapefile
Something wrong with this information? Report errors here.